Thursday, January 3, 2008

My top shows of the year 2007

To borrow a page from Senior Catfishvegas, I thought I'd compile my favorite shows this year. Now, this is tricky, because they are all my favorite while I'm there. Its been so rarely that I've seen a show I didnt like or that wasnt good, you kind of get used to them all being good. In any event, I will attempt to break it down and give a link to each respective artists page.

12) Yard Dogs Road Show, May 12th, The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA

11) Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, December 19th, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA

10)My Morning Jacket w/ Elvis Perkins, January 5th, Marquee Theatre, Tempe AZ

9) Asylum Street Spankers, July 20th, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA

8) David Wilcox, May 6th, Swedish American Hall, San Francisco, CA

7) Peacemakers (x2) April 13th, Slims, November 16th, Slims, San Francisco, CA

6) Klezmatics, October 27th, Jewish American Cultural Center, San Francisco, CA

5) Elvis Perkins, March 25th, Cafe Du Nord, San Francisco, CA

4) Josh Ritter, October 24th, Bimbos 365 Club, San Francisco, CA

3) Peter Mulvey, March 22nd, Freight & Salvage, Berkley, CA

2) Mike Doughty, November 28th, Rickshaw Stop, San Francisco, CA

1) Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, October 5-7th, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

So I will get back on this bad boy and put a couple of notes in, but for now its about the cleaning of the kitchen and the sleep.

No comments: